Ever thought of getting your own small business partner.
Many hands make light work but too many cooks spoil the broth, so is using a business parter the right way to go in your small business?
Starting your own small or micro business can be a great adventure, it can also be full of stress. Just think how great it would be to share that joy and pain with someone.
Benefits of getting a Small Business Partner
Some of the benefits of working with a partner or partners in your small business venture are:
- Some one to bounce ideas off
- Some one that is also motivated by the goal of developing a great business
- Sharing skills, we can’t all know and do everything. It’s great to share the workload, knowledge and skills
- Sharing resources, you may not have every thing you need for your business, a partner may have other tools and equipment that you lack
The problem with a having a Small Business Partner
A partnership with others may present you with some challenges
- Your partner may have differnt ideas on the direction of your business
- Personalities may clash, will you lead together or will one lead and the other follow?
- Trust may be an issue, how trusting are you?
- Work ethic may be differnet, you may want to work 24 7 and they may want to work 9 – 5
- Motivation may not last, it may be fine working together at the start but if times get tough, will the business relationship still work?
Working with a partner has many benefits, just don’t overlook the challenges. I think that life is a balance of risk, reward and luck.
Remember to give me your feedback.
I am always looking to parter up with like minded people, I have plenty of ideas but too little time to work on them all, maybe we could partner up, maybe I have a skill that you need and we could swap skills, let me know what works for you.